O my fucking gawd. I re-instituted “quiet time” today, and at the moment, each boy is in his respective room doing whatever they hell they want. And me? I’m feeling a little more hope that this summer won’t be so bad after all!
Last summer, when Rogan was still napping and McKade was a raving pre-kindergarten maniac, we started quiet time. It was a multi-faceted move on my part:
- Preserving my sanity
- Preserving Rogan’s nap time
- Calming McKade down a little as he was losing control towards the end of the day
- Eventually McKade started napping too and it became obvious that “quiet time” was even more valuable that I had originally thought
- Allowing the boys to have their own space, in a week-assed attempt to decrease the in-fighting around here
- Encouraging independent play…something my boys do not seem to know how to do
- And did I mention the preservation of my own freaking sanity?
So in conclusion, I strongly encourage EVERYONE to partake of the “quiet time” intervention!
Thank you for your attention!