I said I’d follow-up with the story of my broken crown, but now it seems like it happened so long ago that it’s hardly worth mentioning. So here it is, a long story made short, really short:
- Had a crown,
- Cracked a crown, while eating sour-dough pretzel nibblers dropped into my soup Du jour,
- Went to dentist for a marathon appointment…2 freaking hours,
- Required a small overdose of numbing injections to alleviate pain and discomfort while broken crown was removed,
- Obtained a temporary crown,
- Maintained temporary crown for 4 days,
- absent-mindedly chewed gum on wrong side and temp. crown fell out,
- Went back to dentist to have crown re-installed,
- Went back 2 days later for removal of temporary and insertion of permanent, requiring only one dose of heavy-duty numbing agent,
- Got fitted for an expensive night-guard which we, the dental community and I believe will prevent me from cracking anymore teeth at night…this is the 2nd time I’ve done this,
- Kicking myself for going with the gold crown or requesting some sort of tooth tattoo!
- The End!