- My Mum left yesterday and I am thrilled to have my house back, but saddened that our time together was chock full of angst and arguments.
- The kids are almost done with soccer, but this season has inspired me to learn more about the sport and team coach with a friend of mine. I may even look for an amateur adult league.
- Summer swimming lessons are on the menu, in addition to a bunch of other things I want to get done…
- I have a little business venture on the side: my ex-step-mom, (we’ll refer to her as Alicia since that is her name and ex-step-mother takes me three minutes to type), makes and sells jewelry and scarf-wraps. She has also teamed up with a group of African women who make and design “Kumasi Toppers”…cutie toppers that cover up work-out clothes while you’re running around town and also fitting in exercise. I wear mine when I head to spinning class because the topper is long enough to cover up that unsightly padded butt in the spinning pants! Not that I don’t have an unsightly padded butt too, but those cycling pants make you look like you’re wearing a diaper!!
The toppers are reversible and one-of-kind. I’ve started another blog to “advertise” Alicia’s creations…if you guys are interested, hop on over to Turtle Art. I’ll be hosting a party soon!!
5. Mike and I are going to Portland at the end of this month. I can’t believe I haven’t told you this yet. I am so fucking excited! The boys will be staying with the in-laws while we’re gone. OMG, Mike and I get to hang out with my sister and Greg WITHOUT kids. AND, we’ll be there for my birthday too!
6. I’ve had killer heartburn recently. And all I can think is that it could be connected to the Metamucil I am now taking, stress, or the addition of cherries in my oatmeal for breakfast. Any feedback?
Looks like it will be “Friday 6” , ’cause I can’t think of anything else to say.