I must first state that if a recipe isn’t easy, I won’t try it. Second, I try hard to use what I find in my pantry/veggie crisper. I might buy a few things but tend to keep stuff on hand at all times. I also try really hard to cook it in one pot…sautéing the veggies and then cooking the soup…I hate washing dishes. The pot I use is a 6 qt. stock pot. I make a lot of soup and then eat it all week!
So I’ve started making a lot of soup at home. And I’ve decided to start jotting down recipes, mostly for myself, but also for anyone else who is looking for a quick and easy fix for meals. Some of the benefits I have found in making these soups include but are not limited to:
- Affordable and available ingredients!
- One pot cooking (most of the time)!
- Awesome way to incorporate way more vegetables and protein into your meals!
- Decrease in stress regarding what the hell to eat for lunch…like I stated before, I’ve been known to eat soup day after day after day until that ‘shite‘ is gone!
- It’s filling, while also allowing for reduced caloric intake and contributing to less guilt later in the day when the soup has worn off and you need a snack!
- It’s tastes amazing with some add-ins…I like to put sour-dough pretzel nibblers in my soup for added calories and texture…however be aware that nibblers have been known to crack a crown…
So, recipes to follow!! Cook some soup if you want.